- OS Setup on large scale – Different versions of Linux for several projects
- Installation for Shared file systems in a High Availability Setup.
- Network configuration on TOR and Core switches.
- Performance Tuning and benchmarking for distributed processing.
- Monitor and Maintain infrastructure performance KPIs
- Will need to work with Client System Admins to resolve any Infrastructure issues
- Design, develop and maintain infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Linux/Unix Application Installation and Troubleshooting
- Help Application Engineers debug issues
- Document the setup in detail
- Be the point of contact with customers and different HW/SW vendors
- Drive the projects from the technical aspects and report to the PMs updates and delivery time.
- Mentor 2-3 Engineers during the onboarding / Training phases and their first projects.
B.Sc. in Computer and/or Communications Engineering or similar degree that provides strong knowledge of computer science.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix based systems.
- Good knowledge of Applications Deployment in a production environment and resolve dependencies
- CPU & computer system architectures, data-center main building-blocks.
- Good understanding of programming concepts and scripting languages [bash – python].
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities & problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of IP Networks.
- Good knowledge in one of the virtualization and cloud technologies [VMware / Hyper-v / OpenStack].
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience in HPC [xCAT – SLURM].
- Experience in Containers [Docker – Singularity – Kubernetes].
- Experience in automation tools and DevOps [Ansible – Puppet – Git].
- We are looking for candidates who are smart, passionate, hard workers, with high the ability of self-learning and who feel comfortable working on the edge of the unknown.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Candidates are ready to travel 50% of the time in the GULF region.