- OS Setup on large scale – Different versions of Linux for several projects
- File systems and management platforms set up in a High Availability mode
- Performance Tuning and benchmarking for distributed processing.
- Monitor and Maintain infrastructure performance KPIs
- Will need to work with Client System Admins to resolve any Infrastructure issues
- Design, develop and maintain infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Help Application Engineers debug issues
- Document the setup in detail
- Be the point of contact with customers and different HW/SW vendors
- Drive the projects from the technical aspects and report to the PMs updates and delivery time.
- Mentor Junior Engineers during the onboarding / Training phases and their first projects.
REQUIREMENTSB.Sc. in Computer and/or Communications Engineering or similar degree that provides a strong knowledge of computer science.
- Very good knowledge of Linux/Unix based systems
- Good understanding of programming concepts and scripting languages [bash – python].
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities & problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of IP Networks.
- Experience with configuration management tools (i.e Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with Virtualization technologies (i.e VMware)
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms/technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure,…)
Following will be considered as a plus:
- Good knowledge of HPC tools and software stack
- Experience with HPC schedulers
- We are looking for candidates who are smart, passionate, hard workers, with a high ability of self-learning, and who feel comfortable working on the edge of the unknown.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Candidates are ready to travel 50% of the time in the GULF region.