Brightskies is seeking an Engineer for the development and implementation of High-Performance Computing (HPC) applications to join the Parallel Programming team, based in Alexandria, Egypt. The successful candidate should have a background in the following:
- Code optimization and parallelization
- Hardware and software architectures
- Develops high-performance technical computing applications in the areas of Oil and Gas exploration techniques.
- Designs new software tools, and refactors existing tools, to take advantage of object-oriented structures and software architecting best practices.
- Develops and implements algorithms that exploit high performance compute clusters.
- Works with department analysts to develop new algorithms and processes to extend tool capabilities.
- Works both independently and on small teams; interacts with program office and global customers.
- Contributes to technical reports, user documentation, regular status reports, and other presentations to disseminate findings, guidance, and technical information to a wide an audience as possible.
- B.Eng. Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Related Discipline.
- Proficiency in C and/or C++ programming language or any other OOP languages.
- Proficiency in one or more of the popular scripting languages such as Python, Julia, or R.
- Proficiency in one or more of the parallel libraries/languages such as MPI, OpenMP, OneAPI and CUDA.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following is desirable:
- Hardware/Software Architecture
- High-Performance Computing
- Knowledge in one of the following areas is a plus:
- Numerical solvers and/or numerical methods e.g. Finite Difference/Element/Volume Method.
- Good knowledge of Containers [Docker]
- Good knowledge of version control
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Deep understanding of software design, programming techniques, and algorithms.
- A decent level of work experience in developing algorithms.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent Command in English written & verbal.
|Job Category||Advanced Computing, HPC|